Wednesday, January 19, 2011

meat wrapping

not a recipe but it fits in with the dinner I am cooking today.

I am cooking some bone in country style ribs that I packaged on 1/18/2010.  They got "lost" on our freezer.  I have our meats seperated with boxes in the freezer.  Apparently these ribs slipped to the bottom of the box during a rotation and I missed them.  I stuck them in the fridge a couple days ago to defrost and I opened them up today. They are as red as the day I packaged them.  I wholeheartedly believe that this is because of the way I package our meat for the freezer.  Pork is not supposed to still be good after a year in the freezer.  Ground beef is only supposed to be good for 3-4 months according to charts I have seen.  I have ground beef that is over 6 months in the feezer that we are using now that is just as fresh as the day I packaged it.  So I am resharing my meat wrapping tutorial from my other blog.

meat wrapping tutorial

At the bottom of this page is a freezer length chart

No comments:

Post a Comment