Tuesday, November 2, 2010

mom's mock beef wellington

my mom calls this mock beef wellington

1 lb ground beef
1 tube crescent rolls
1 can mushrooms
1 small diced onion
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
(I also add 1/2 a can of corn)
1/2 cup or so of shredded cheese (I use whatever we have here and we don't really like cheese so I don't use much.)

brown ground beef, saute onions. drain beef and put in a medium bowl. Add in mushrooms, onions and dry soup mix, stir in cheese. place 1/2 tube of crescrent roll dough rolled out (not shaped into crescent rolls) in bottom of an 8X8 pan. Place beef mixture on top. Place other 1/2 of the crescent rolls on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Until dough is golden brown.

you can leave out the onions and mushrooms if you want. This recipe is pretty forgiving and has a lot of taste

No comments:

Post a Comment