Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oatmeal raisin cookies

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup butter, softened (I melted it)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 dashes ground cinnamon (recipe called for 1 tsp but we like cinnamon so I just shook the container over the mix 3 times)
2 3/4 cups rolled oats (I used 12 packets of instant oatmel
1 cup raisins (I used 2 of the mini boxes
..

DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in cinnamon.  Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3.Bake 6-10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely

I just watched them until they started to turn brown on the very edge and then took them out.  I let them cool on the sheet for about 2 minutes and then removed them.  I did it all by hand and did not use an electric mixer.  Not sure if that made a difference or not.  I also used melted margarine.  I adjusted the cooking time, and flour (which I changed above) otherwise the cookies were flat. 

I soaked the raisins in hot water while I made the dough.  It made for plump juicy raisins in the last batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment